Dark Circles Under Eyes
Discoloration of the skin under eye, this may be due to a lack of sleep, over crying,fatigue, stress, alcoholism, deficiency or some disease, prolonged exposure to sunlight, Dark circles may be hereditary. Nasal congestion can also cause dark under eye circles. Chronic atopic eczema on skin can cause dark circles. Dark circles under eyes may also be due to aging which thins the skin around the eyes. Eyelid swelling or eye puffiness can produce shadows producing light dark eye circles. Malnutrition can cause dark eye circles.
Best Tips to Remove Dark Circles Under Eyes
* To lighten dark circles under your eyes, wrap a grated raw potato in cheesecloth and apply to eyelids for 15-20 minutes.
* Drink at least ten glasses of water everyday.
* eat healthy diet, include more vegetables and fruits.
* Take all precautions to avoid strain on the eyes.
* Apply an eye cream containing vitamin K and retinol
* Eight hours of sleep is a must for all of us, specially for people having dark circles under their eyes.
* Do not leave any cream on the skin around the eyes for long periods.
* Apply a paste of turmeric powder with pineapple juice for dark circles under the eyes.
* Crush some mint and apply it around the eye.
* Massage with almond oil under and around eyes at bed time daily for 2 weeks and see the improvement.
* Rub the area with a powdered Vitamin E capsule and wipe off with a mixture of honey and egg white. This will reduce darkness around the eye.
* Put hot and cold clothes alternatively under eyes for 10 minutes.
*Apply a mixture of lemon and tomato juice (equal parts) on the dark circles 2 times a day.
* Mint paste application around the eye is good
* Raise the head of your bed at night.