Indian gooseberry (amla)
this is seen mostly in India, Pakistan and middle east. its commonly known as Amla, is botanically known as Emblica officinal’s. Amla is used as a Ayurvedic medicine thousands of years. Amla is one of the natural sources of vitamin C and other vitamins in a high amount. This fruit contains most of all nutrients for health benefits. The taste is sour and bitter, so some people don’t like the taste, after eating Amla there is a sweet feeling in mouth.
Amla is used to treat high cholesterol, “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis), diabetes, pain and swelling of the pancreas (pancreatitis), cancer, upset stomach, eye problems, joint pain, diarrhoea, dysentery, obesity, and “organ restoration”. Amla has a action to kill germs. Amla will reduce pain and swelling caused by the body’s reaction to injury or illness (inflammation).
Health benefits of amla
- Amla is one of the natural sources of vitamin C. Eating Amla is one of the best ways to get vitamin C.
- Indian gooseberry is highly beneficial for the reproductive systems of both men and women. It helps in regulating the menstrual cycle in women. Intake of this wonderful fruit nurtures the egg and the sperms, thus helping women to conceive.
- Rich in anti-oxidants that are known to protect against the formation of free radicals in the body, Amla is good for preventing the risk of cancer.
- Amla is beneficial for reducing inflammation due to joint pains and arthritis, Because it contains anti-inflammatory properties,
- Amla is also high in fibre and therefore is useful for treating constipation.
- Helps to treat respiratory disorders. Indian gooseberry is a medicinal tonic, which helps in the treatment of respiratory disorders such as tuberculosis of lungs, bronchitis and asthma.
- Possessing sedative properties, Amla can be used to alleviate stress and thus help in treating sleep disorder like insomnia by aiding in better quality sleep.
- To heal mouth ulcers, gargle using water mixed with fresh Amla juice.
To seek relief from menstrual cramps, have fresh Amla juice mixed with a ripe banana, two to three times a day.
- To seek relief from cold and cough, take two tablespoons of fresh Amla juice along with a teaspoon of honey, two to three times a day.
For diabetic patient, gooseberry should be included in their diet must. The therapeutic value it contained in itself can do wonder in making the cells secret insulin
- Amla have power to Maintains healthy hair. Indian gooseberry improves the absorption of calcium in the body. This helps to keep the bones, nails, teeth, and hair healthy.