Life Term Cancer Treatment Coverage from Regional Cancer Center ( RCC ), Trivandrum Without Age Limit
Regional Cancer Center (RCC). The RCC is a specialty hospital dedicated to comprehensive cancer care and clinical research. RCC has provided facilities for cancer diagnosis, treatment, palliation, and rehabilitation through surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy. This cancer treatment institution started in 1981 Controlled by Govt of India & Govt of Kerala, located inside the Medical college campus, Trivandrum.
What is “Cancer Care for Life” ?
This is a social welfare scheme called “Cancer Care for Life”. scheme was introduced in 1986. The scheme is open to all Indian citizens who are not already cancer patients. The scheme benefits accrue two years after enrolment. Membership is minimum Rs.500/ . For cancer patients and successfully completed series I & II. Recently they reinstated this scheme as series III. In this scheme there are two Plans, plan-A and plan-B.
PLAN- A In the event of getting cancer, the center is committed to provide to those who join the scheme standard diagnostic and treatment facilities in the Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum upto the value 100 times the membership fee viz.Rs.50,000/-. This includes cost of medicine, expenses for stay, at the rates prescribed charges for diagnostic investigations, Radiation, Surgery, other procedures etc. and charges for General Ward levied by the center as for paying category patients at the time of taking treatment.
PLAN- B If necessary will be referred to other centers in India also and is Rs.5,00,000/- upper limit for the value of medical treatment made available.
Membership is non-refundable, non-transferable and valid for life
- The member ship fee details for treatment up to a maximum of Rs. 50,000 /- is as below Rs. 500/- per person
- Rs. 1400/- per family of three persons (includes spouse and dependent children only)
- Rs. 1700/- per family of four persons (includes spouse and dependent children only)
- Rs. 2000/- per family of five persons (includes spouse and dependent children only)
For Individual membership fee of Rs. 1000, Rs. 1500 & Rs. 2000 treatment fee upto Rs. 1 lakh, Rs.1.5 lakhs & Rs 2 lakhs respectively is free.
HOW TO ENROLL
Application forms can be got from the R.C.C or the designated bank in Kerala.By Just paying the membership fee at any branch of the designated bank in Kerala, along with the prescribed application any one can be enrolled.
The membership fee will be once in-a-life payment with no annual premium.
To facilitate quick and easy enrolment, applicants will not be subjected to any medical check up.
A membership card with a number will subsequently be issued to each member for identification by the center.
* Non refundable one time payment * Non transferable life term validity * Enrolment without any medical check-up * Enrolment without age limit RCC Limitations: * Benefits accruing two years after enrolment * Existing or pre-existing patients are not eligible * Treatments only for Cancer
Membership is non-refundable, non-transferable and valid for life. The payment can be made through any of the following modes
1. Paid directly at the RCC counter on all working days till 3.30 PM
2. Through DD/ Cheque in the name of Cancer Care for Life Account, Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum
3. By post addressed to The Director- Regional Cancer Centre, Medical College P.O., Trivandrum-695011