Nurses Job in England
Job Summary & Person Specification – Nurses Job in England
Hampshire County Council hiring candidates for nurses at Bickerley Green Nursing Home in the united kingdom
Organisation : Hampshire County Council
Salary Range : £24,343 – £27,397 pro rata per annum (actual salary £15,788 – £17,769 per annum)
Work Location : Bickerley Green Nursing Home, Ringwood, UK
Hours per week : 24
Contract Type : Permanent
|Job Ref No:||HCC2300176|
|Branch / Section:||Nursing & Residential|
To manage, direct and evaluate a high standard of nursing care for a designated number of residents in a social care setting.
To maintain and develop relevant skills, specialist knowledge and competencies to care for Older People and / or Older People with Mental Health problems.
To contribute significantly toward the continuing development of professional nursing practice in the unit.
To act as a mentor and role model to others, reflecting a holistic and person-centred approach to professional nursing practice and resident care.
- The postholder will be responsible for the provision of person centred, professional nursing care to residents within Older Persons’ nursing homes. This requires developing specialist knowledge of nursing practice to care for Older People and Older People with Mental Health problems. The postholder will assess, plan, implement and evaluate care plans for a designated number of residents and be responsible for the accurate documentation and reporting to other members of the team. The postholder will supervise, mentor support and educate junior nurses in the unit. They will adhere to the NMC Code of Conduct and Scope of Professional Practice at all times. The postholder will liaise with other healthcare professionals with responsibility for the residents’ care.
- The postholder will act as a role model to all staff to ensure that professional standards are set, maintained and monitored in the delivery of care. This involves maintaining accurate records on resident care and reporting clinical and non clinical events to assist with external audits. The postholder is responsible for promoting good practice to achieve continuous improvements in nursing developments and assist in audit trials and benchmarking clinical services within the nursing unit.
- The postholder must keep up to date with new developments in clinical practice and implement changes to the provision of nursing care wherever necessary. Promote and practice evidence based care, embracing new ideas and changes for the benefit of residents. Act as a mentor for students and colleagues providing clinical supervision, participating in induction programmes, guiding practice, assessing competence and supporting learning. Accept responsibility for own personal and professional development needs and maintain a record of evidence within a Personal Professional Portfolio. Expand your own knowledge and act as a resource for others by developing an area of interest relevant to the care of older people. Assist in clinical research that may be undertaken within the department / uses current practice to assist in the process.
- The postholder must maintain good working relationships within the team and ensure that resources are used efficiently within the unit. They will act as the duty coordinator in the absence of the senior nurse.
- The postholder is responsible for promoting equality of opportunity in the provision of nursing staff and nursing care. Also be responsible for developing IT systems and use of resources to support the sustainability of nursing care.
This document is a guide to the current role and person requirements of this post. Reasonable changes may be made to the specific requirements of the job from time to time following consultation with the post-holder.
This post is subject to a criminal records check.
Hampshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
· Registered General Nurse or Registered Mental Nurse (RGN or RMN)
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· You will have a good knowledge and understanding of elderly care, rehabilitation and Health and Social Care agenda.
· Able to provide direct care for the client group you will be managing, and have an understanding that the delivery of care is within a social care setting.
· Good communication skills (verbal and written).
· Experience of involving residents / families or carers in care planning, monitoring and evaluating services.
· Basic IT skills / or a willingness to undertake training.
· Able to work as part of a team – self motivated and flexible in your approach to work.
· General range of medical, surgical nursing and elderly care.
· A good working knowledge of clinical governance standards and good clinical skills.
· The ability to engage successfully with residents, families and carers and able to support and mentor students and more junior nursing staff within the team.
· Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Please note the following conditions can and will be encountered in this position:
- Manual handling of people/objects 15kg+ on a daily basis
- Display Screen Equipment user
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Working with Vulnerable Adults
- Night Work (11pm – 6am)
- Participating in direct personal care
- Food Handling
- Sharps (e.g. Needles)
- Hot Environment
- Entry into confined spaces
COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
- People with infections e.g. TB
- Human Blood or Human Bodily Fluid e.g. First Aid
- Cleaning materials
The information contained in this document is meant for the purpose of recruitment and selection only. A copy of the formal Role Profile that has been used to evaluate the pay and grade information for this post using the Hay Evaluation Tool is available on request from the IBC Recruitment Team on 0300 555 0223. Please quote: Role Profile Title – Nurse/ Role Profile Reference Number – 00809.