Important safety information
- Prednisolone syrup may lower the ability of your body to fight infection. Avoid contact with people who have colds or infections. Tell your doctor if you notice signs of infection like fever, sore throat, rash, or chills.
- If you have not had chickenpox, shingles, or measles, avoid contact with anyone who does.
- If you are taking prednisolone syrup regularly over a long period of time, carry an ID card at all times that says you take prednisolone syrup.
- Do not receive a live vaccine (eg, measles, mumps) while you are taking prednisolone syrup. Talk with your doctor before you receive any vaccine.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take prednisolone syrup before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Diabetes patients – Prednisolone syrup may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely. Ask your doctor before you change the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- Lab tests, including adrenal function tests, may be performed while you use prednisolone syrup. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Caution is advised when using prednisolone syrup in CHILDREN; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Corticosteroids may affect growth rate in CHILDREN and teenagers in some cases. They may need regular growth checks while they take prednisolone syrup.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using prednisolone syrup while you are pregnant. Prednisolone syrup is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use prednisolone syrup, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
If you are on long-term or high dosage therapy and you suddenly stop taking prednisolone syrup, you may have WITHDRAWAL symptoms, including fever, vomiting, appetite loss, diarrhea, nausea, dizziness, weight loss, weakness, general body discomfort, joint or muscle pain.