Stomach Worms Treatment, How to prevent stomach worms ?
How to prevent stomach worms
- A healthy immune system along with hygienic habits and sanitised surroundings are needed for prevention of worm infections.
- Proper washing and cleaning of fruits and vegetables before consuming raw is necessary.
- Maintaining personal hygiene is the easiest and the most effective way of preventing the infection. Clean your hands and legs each time you go out.
- Try to avoid eating foods from street vendors.
- Do not forget to wash your hands after changing diapers, cleaning house, holding uncleaned food stuffs, handling animals.
- Eating fruits and green vegetables is a good way of detoxifying your body and is considered as the easiest method of killing parasitic worms.
- Drink plenty of water. Water also has tendency of detoxification. Drinking about 8-10 glasses of water a day will help a lot.
- If you are suffering from stomach worms, then strictly avoid all fatty foods like oil, butter and cream.
- Meat (including red meats) must not be taken until the infection is completely cleared. Yoghurt will help you in restoring your digestive health.
Stomach Worms Treatment
For the treatment of worms we can use some broad spectrum anthelmintics. Anthelminthics are dugs that expel parasitic worms from the body.
Examples of anthelminthics
albedazole, mebendazole, praziquantal
We can use these drugs for the treatment of single or mixed gastro intestinal infestations by pinworm, whipworm, large round worm, hookworm, thread worm and for tape worm also.
Example for athelminthics brands
Albenda Tablets 200mg: pack of 2 tablets
Albenda Suspension: bottle of 20 ml 200mg
Zentel Tablets 400mg : pack of 1
Zentel Suspension 100mg : bottle of 20 ml
Vermox 100mg: pack of 1 tablet
Albendazole 400mg as a single dose in both adults and children over 2 years or 20 ml suspension. The tablet may be chewed, swallowed or crushed and mixed with food. In heavy mixed infestations single dose may be inadequate and dose may be given for 3 consecutive days. In pin worm infection, the whole family should be careful and might need to administer the medicine.