Suffering from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Start using these tips to soothe your Wrist
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition affecting hands and arms that causes tingling sensation and numbness at initial stages. When our wrist starts aching with unrelieved pain, it could be that you have carpal tunnel syndrome. Most of the people think the cause is frequent physical strain, but pregnancy can also produce this problem, as natural body swelling puts pressure on the nerve that serves the fingers of the hand.
Conventional methods offer little relief. It can occur in 1 or both hands and generally more common in women.
HERE ARE HOME REMEDIES
- One of the best way to alleviate some symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome. This will work on pressure points on your hands, which will increase blood supply and reduce pain.
- Rub some warm coconut oil/ olive oil in your hands and wrist.
- Massage with gentle stroke for 10-15 minutes
- Do this 2/3 times daily until you notice an improvement in your condition
- Another good remedy for treating carpal tunnel syndrome. It reduces inflammation, suppresses pain and restore the function.
- Warm some castor oil and apply on hands and fingers
- Massage for 10-15 minutes
- Wrap your inflamed hands and leave it for an hour
- Do this once daily for a week
ACUPRESSURE AND ACUPUNCTURE:
- Locate the point inside of forearm above 21/2 finger breadth up from wrist area.
- Gently press it with thumb for a minute
- Do once daily
- Cold temperature will relieve pain by numbing affected area.it reduces swelling and inflammation
- Put few ice cubes in plastic/ sealable bag.
- Wrap the bag in a cloth
- Leave it for 10 minutes
- Repeat every hour
- Never apply directly to the skin.
- It’s easy to do and can be done while sitting at your desk. Just you have a few minutes to spare.
- Make a fist, release your hand and shake out fingers. Repeat 5 -10 minutes.
- Put your hands in proper position. Spread your fingers apart and keep the tips touching the fingers of opposite hand while you open and close your palm. Do this 5- 10 minutes.
- Shake your hands as if you are trying to air dry them for 5 minutes at a time.
FLAX SEED OIL [Linseed oil]
- Consume 2-3 tbsp. of this oil daily. Can add this to smoothie/ milk/ juice.
- It’s rich in omega-3- fatty acid.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: Reduces inflammation and pain.
- Add 1 tbsp. of organic apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp. of organic honey to 1 glass of warm water.
- Drink twice daily.
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 are bran, pistachios, salmon, tuna, sesame seed, sunflower seed, hazelnut, raw garlic, oatmeal.
- Vitamin B6 supplements-50-100 mg twice daily after consulting a doctor.
- ESSENTIAL OILS
- Cypress oil
- Wintergreen essential oil
These are some of the natural remedies that can discomfort caused by carpal tunnel syndrome.
There are some other points that you should take into consideration. It would be very beneficial if you take care of these tips.
- Include turmeric in diet
- Use healthy oil
- Avoid red meats
- Wear a wrist splint at night
- Use wrist pad while using mouse/ typing
- Keep arm elevated while sleeping
- No sleeping on hands
- Quit smoking
- Do yoga
- Improve your posture
- Keep hands warm by wearing gloves
So just trying natural tricks you can get moderate relief from the severe pain and numbness that carpal tunnel syndrome causes. Give this a try and feel the change. Read the full article and feel free to comment.